- To examine Corporate Laws, the Indian Partnership Act and Limited Liability Partnership, Rules, Regulations, Guidelines, Notifications, Schemes, Schedules issued thereunder, vis-à-vis best global practices and make appropriate representation/suggestions to the concerned Ministries of Government and to participate as well as to facilitates in the Law-making process.
- To provide support to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs or other Regulators/ Government Departments/Authorities in implementation of the initiatives taken by them.
- To examine various issues/queries relating to Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance, either suo-moto or as referred by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs or other Regulators/ Government Departments/Authorities.
- To undertake study on the subjects relating to Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance issues on the functioning of the offices of the Registrar of Companies, Official Liquidators, Regional Directorates and such other offices either in any Institutes or in general cases.
- To bring out Newsletter/ E-Newsletter/ Publication/Books/Guidance Notes/ Application Guides/ White Papers/Background Material/ Commentaries/ Advisories related to the subjects covered under the Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance.
- To conduct Research about the difficulties/problems being faced by the Corporate Sector in view of the rapid changes taking place in the Corporate Laws world over.
- To conduct training programmes for the officers of the Government Departments on the areas of the Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance.
- To conduct Certificate Courses/organize Regional, National Conference/ CSR programs/Workshop/ Seminar/ Training programme/ Refresher Course in the areas of Corporate Laws and/or Corporate Governance either by the Committee itself or in association with other Committee and/or Ministries/other bodies /organizations and Corporate sector .
- To encourage appropriate level of corporate governance, assisting in laying down benchmarks, pro-actively conduct research about the difficulties/problems being faced by Corporate Sector in view of globalization also help government, Corporates/other entities to meet the expectation of society/their stakeholders in fulfilling Social responsibilities.
- To promote Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility practices in enterprises including Public sectors, constitute Study Groups on various issues relating to Corporate Governance.
- To interact with various relevant bodies including Ministries of Government on various issues relating to Corporate Laws and Corporate Governance.