Cases of adoption/attempt to adopt unfair means are reported in respect of the examinations held every time. In respect of the Examinations held in November, 2016, over 60 cases of infringement/ violation of Instructions to Examinees, which tantamount to adoption of unfair means, were reported. The nature of infringement/ violation in these cases, inter alias, included the following.
- Writing/jotting on the question paper [other than Roll Number at the specified place].
- Writing in the answer book or additional book of, e.g. Roll Number [other than at the specified space]/ Registration Number, Name, Mobile number, unwarranted Remarks, irrelevant notes etc.
- Possession of material inside the examination hall/room/washroom, e.g. writing/copying material / books / notes / writing on desk/writing on writing pad/geometric box/admit card (relevant for the day of the examination or otherwise), mobile phone [in switched off mode or otherwise], I Pod etc.
- Seeking sympathy/making appeal, e.g. parent or relative passed away, met with accident /was hospitalized/ award marks/minimum required marks, inducement to examiner/writing irrelevant / unrelated remarks etc.
- Writing/making in the answer book or additional answer book distinguishing marks - e.g. religious symbols, prayers, Om, Swastika, 786, etc.
- Others, e.g. not handing over the answer book at the conclusion of the specified time, taking away the answer book, misbehaving with the examination functionaries, use of different inks/highlighter, availing of the services of an ineligible person as a writer by candidates with permanent disability.
The above cases were considered by the Examination Committee in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 41, read with Regulation 176, of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. The decision taken by the Committee included cancellation of result and debarment from appearing in the examination in future.
In view of the above, students are advised to download the Instructions to Examinees supplied along with the admit card, from the website, read them carefully and familiarize themselves with the same to avoid falling within the ambit of unfair means leading to avoidable difficulties.