Mission: To develop, strengthen and enhance the image of the ICAI as a premier accountancy body and the sole regulatory authority for the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India & globally through various ways and means, as considered appropriate within framework of the CA Act.
Terms of Reference
- To develop and adopt a medium-term and a long term policy for Public Relations and Corporate Communication of and from the Institute in order to enhance the image and prestige of the ICAI and its members and develop & execute actions in line with that.
- Besides the ongoing activities, propose publicity strategies in line with ICAI Mission to help increase PR reach from the current state.
- To project the Chartered Accountant as a well rounded professional and a Business Solutions Provider, through various means including advertisement etc.
- To develop, maintain & strengthen relationship and to have close interactions with various departments/Ministries in the Government, Educational Institutions, Trade Chambers, Media and other stakeholders in coordination with concerned committees of ICAI, if any.
- To promote, maintain and strengthen close interaction with members of the Media, members of the Parliament and State Legislatures, Ministries of the Central & State Governments, offices of Chief Ministers, senior Government officials, industrialists & businessmen.
- To take necessary activities and appropriate steps which interalia may include formation of Group/Taskforces for promoting Financial and Tax Literacy amongst general public through various ways and means.
- To execute such strategies and action programmes as may be deemed essential and appropriate to the achievement of the overall Mission.
- To print and publish such matter in the form of pamphlets, booklets, books, films, videos etc, as are deemed to be of importance in the achievement of the overall Mission and/or any of the objectives included herein.
- To organize such meetings/Seminars/Press conferences or any other programmes as may be deemed appropriate and relevant to the attainment of the ICAI Mission and Objectives, either independently or jointly with others.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for ICAI especially for all important events/programmes and decision of ICAI.
- Issue clarifications to the media on matters of general interest and issues concerning the profession to enable that the view of the ICAI prevails upon.
- To tie up with various media platforms in the fulfillment of objective of ICAI.