The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has constituted a "Study Group on Indian Economy" with the objective to study the Qualitative Assessment of the Macro Economic Developmental indicators interalia pertaining to trade, Globalization, Monetary management Fiscal prudence, Financial Reforms, Trade as a tool to Development and recommend measures. The detail Terms of Reference of the group are as follows:-
- Empathisation of Key Governmental Initiatives in sustaining economic momentum and leveraging ICAI's contribution to the core work programme in the said area.
- Providing inputs through Research and Dialogue on some of the Emerging Developments in the key sectors of the economy.
- Contributing in the area of Economic Advocacy to position ICAI as a valued partner to existing knowledge depository.
- Bringing position Papers and Reports on various facets of Indian Economy.
- Organizing interactions with Chamber of Commerce/ Regulators/Other key stakeholders on emerging perspective of economy.