Non-Malaysians regardless of their qualifications or professional bodies who wish to apply for MIA Membership, they would be required to meet the residency requirements. The requirements are as under:
- a) The applicant would be required to be in country for at least 182 days within a period of one year before being eligible to apply for the MIA membership.
- b) The applicant would have a permanent address in India.
However, the above requirements (a) would not be applicable if the applicant holds a valid work permit issued by the Malaysian Immigration Department that enables him to work in Malaysia.
If the applicant meets the above requirements, he/she would be required to submit the following documents:
- Completed MIA Application form,
- Certified copy of ICAI membership certificate,
- Certified copies of relevant pages of the passport which identifies the holder and the proof of 182 days in Malaysia or a valid work permit issued by Malaysian /immigration Department,
- Proof of Valid membership with ICAI,
- One passport size photograph,
- Payment of the admission fee (RM500) and annual subscription (RM250) which totals RM750 (Malaysian Ringgit).
Mdm Norzainah Mokthar