The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, a statutory body set up by an Act of Parliament i.e. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India. During its 72 years of existence, ICAI has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in the country but also globally, for its contribution in the fields of education, professional development, maintenance of high accounting, auditing, and ethical standards. ICAI now is the second largest accounting body in the whole world.
As one of the steps towards partner in nation building, ICAI has constituted Committee on Financial Markets and Investors’ Protection (CFMIP). The CFMIP of ICAI has been entrusted with various responsibilities like providing suggestions on various Bills/ Regulations/ Notifications/ Circulars and other documents relating to Financial Markets for submission to the Government/ Regulator, initiating research studies in the field of Financial Markets and Investors’ Protection, conducting Training Programmes for Members and others on matters relating to the Financial Markets. The major work areas of the Committee are as follows –
- Promoting Investor Protection by nurturing capacity and competency development of members and stakeholders in the financial markets.
- Competency and Capacity building of members and other stakeholders in financial markets through, Certificate Course on Forex & Treasury Management (FXTM) and Certificate Course on Derivatives, Certificate Course on Financial Markets and Securities Laws (FMSL), Certificate Course on Fundamental & Technical Analysis of Stocks including Equity Research (FATA).
- Organizing Webinars, Seminars, Conferences, Investor Awareness Programs, Workshops and Virtual CPE Meetings related to the financial markets and investors’ education and awareness such as Functions, Registration, Role of CA’s of Alternative Investment Funds, Credit Rating Agency (CRA), Collective Investment Management Company, Merchant Bankers, Research Analyst (RA), Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), Registered Foreign/Venture Capital Funds, Investment Advisor and Registered Portfolio Managers etc…
- Interaction with Regulators/ Government/ Local Bodies, Civil Voluntary Organizations, and other financial institutions for promoting financial literacy and for augmenting the trust of investors.
- Exploring professional opportunities for members in the Financial Market domain.
CFMIP is inviting expression of interest from resource persons having interest in any one or more of the above areas, interested candidates are requested to send their resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by April 30, 2022. Subject of e-mail should be “Resume in response to EOI hosted by CFMIP, ICAI”.
CFMIP will evaluate the responses and the shortlisted ones will be contacted for interaction. It may be noted that the decision of the Committee will be final in this regard.