The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as follows:
- To prepare suggestions on various Bills/Regulations/Notifications/circulars and other documents relating to Capital Market for submission to the Government/Regulator.
- To interact with the following agencies on a continuous basis on matters relating to Capital Markets & Investors’ Protection e.g.
- Reserve Bank of India and Indian Banks Association for example, relating to Depositors. Non-performing Assets Management, Bank operation and supervision, issues relating to securitisation, role played by CAs
- Non-Banking Finance companies – NBFCs (Department of Non-Banking Finance companies of RBI)
- Regulatory authority of Co-operative Banks, Strategies / recommendations relating to their investment patterns.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India e.g., matters relating to Primary and Secondary Markets, Take-Overs, Amalgamation, Mergers, (tax-havens, Participatory Note, hot-money, corporate governance regulatory compliances etc.), Mutual Funds, Foreign Institutional Investors, Intermediaries, Securities Laws etc.
- Forward Markets Commission (FMC) including NCDX and MCX.
- Stock Exchange
- To bring out Booklets, Pamphlets, Brochures, Monograms, Digital mobile app on topics of interest to investors for example Hand-book on Investor’s Protection and explaining tax strategies and transaction structures.
- To conduct
- Training Programmes for Members and others on matters relating to Capital and Commodity Markets which are of professional interest for example on Derivatives, Options, Futures, hedging and investment strategies.
- Seminars, Conferences and Certificate courses relating to Capital Market, Investors Protection and other related laws.
- Training Programmes in association with Stock Exchanges/Associations/Trade Bodies/Regulators
- To initiate research studies in the field of Capital Market and Investors Protection.
- To play a pro-active role in respect of expectation area under the domain of the Committee.
- To carry out such other matters relating to Capital Market & Investors Protection
- To bring out publication on the areas under the domain of the Committee