- To examine Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws, the Indian Partnership Act and Limited Liability Partnership, Rules, Regulations, Guidelines, Notifications, Schemes, Schedules issued thereunder, vis-à-vis best global practices and make appropriate representation/suggestions to the concerned Ministries of Government and to participate as well as to facilitates the Law making process.
- To examine various issues/queries relating to Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws either suo-moto or as referred by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs or the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India or other Government Departments/Authorities.
- To formulate and issue Corporate Affairs Standards, Guidance Note, Background Material, Reports, Commentaries, References in relation to Corporate Laws such as mergers and acquisitions, due diligences, valuations of shares, valuation of businesses, valuation of specific assets, compliances of various laws.
- To undertake study on the subjects relating to Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Governance issues on the functioning of the offices of the Registrar of Companies, Official Liquidators, Regional Directorates and such other offices either in any Institutes or in general cases.
- To bring out the publications/books and guidance notes related to the subjects covered by the Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Governance.
- To conduct Research about the difficulties/problems being faced by the Corporate Sector in view of the rapid changes taking place in the Corporate Laws, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws world over.
- To conduct training programmes for the officers of the Government Departments on the areas of the Corporate Laws, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Governance.
- To organize Regional, National Conference/ Workshop/ Seminar/ Training programme in the areas of Corporate Laws and/or Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and/or Corporate Governance either by the Committee itself or in association with other Committee and/or Ministries/other bodies /organizations and Corporate sector and placing the list of participants on the Institute’s website.
- To encourage appropriate level of corporate governance, assisting in laying down benchmarks, pro-actively conduct research about the difficulties/problems being faced by Corporate Sector in view of globalization.
- To promote Corporate Governance in enterprises including Public sectors, constitute Study Groups on various issues relating to Corporate Governance.
- To interact with various relevant bodies including Ministries of Government, The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India on various issues relating to Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Governance.
- To consider various issues relating to Corporate Laws, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Governance and making recommendations to Council as well as to offer comments and views on various Codes and Draft Legislations / Regulations.