|PRESS MONITORING SERVICE
CENTRAL COUNCIL LIBRARY
ICAI NEW DELHI
“PROFESSIONAL NEWS & VIEWS PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE”
Index of some useful articles taken from Periodicals received during November-December 2017 for the reference of Faculty/Students & Members of the Institute.
- Accounting Information Systems and Ethics Research : Review, Synthesis and the Future by Binod Guragi and Nicholas C. Hunt. Journal of Information System, 2017, Vol.31/2, pp.65-81.
- Are You Ready for IFRS 9 ? : The New IFRS financial Instruments Standard Changes the Rules on Hedging Strategy for Entities Beyond Banks by Andrew Marshall, November 2017, Vol.159/1492, pp.57.
- Improving Internal Control Over Segment Reporting : The Principles of ASC Topic 280 pave the way Toward Meeting Financial Reporting Objectives by Xiaowen Jiang and Ling Lin. Journal of Accountancy, November 2017, pp.36-41.
- Pathway to Reform : Developing Action Research Capacity in Accounting Education by Susan M. Curtis. Issues in Accounting Education, August 2017, Vol.32/03, pp.51-79.
- Regulatory Incentives and Financial Reporting Quality in Public Healthcare Organisations by Margaret J. Greenwood and Richard M. Baylis. Accounting and Business Research, 2017, Vol.47/07, pp.831-855.
- 4 Strategies for Efficient, Effective Audit Documentation : Smart Planning and Standardized Procedures can Aid in Compliance by Mark Koziel. Journal of Accountancy, November 2017, pp.26-29.
- Auditing Challenging Fair Value Measurements : Evidence from the Field by Nathan H. Cannon and Jean C. Bedard. The Accounting Review, 2017, Vol.92/4, pp.81-114.
- Auditors and Client Investment Efficiency by Gil Soo Bae and Seung UK Choi. The Accounting Review, 2017, Vol.92/2, pp.19-40.
- Audit Reviewers Judgments in Multiple Client Audit Environments by Sudip Bhattacharjee and Mario J. Maletta. Behavioral Research in Accounting, 2017, Vol.29/2, pp.1-9.
- COSO 2013 : Aligning Internal Controls and Principles by Denies Dickins and Rebecca G. Fay. Issues in Accounting Education, August 2017, Vol.32/03, pp.117-127.
- Effects of Audit Partners on Clients Business Risk Disclosure by Hironori Fukukawa and Hyonok Kim. Accounting and Business Research, 2017, Vol.47/07, pp. 780-809.
- Interaction Effects of Firm and Partner Tenure on Audit Quality by Josep Garcia-Blandon and Josep Maria Argiles-Bosch. Accounting and Business Research, 2017, Vol.47/07, pp.810-830.
- Internal Control Weaknesses and Financial Reporting Fraud by Dain C. Donelson and Mathew S. Ege. Auditing : A Journal of Practice & Theory, August 2017, Vol.36/3, pp.45-69.
- Is SOX 404(a) Management Internal Control Reporting an Effective Alternative to SOX 404(b) Internal Control Audits? By Yangyang Fan and Chan Li. Auditing : A Journal of Practice & Theory, August 2017, Vol.36/3, pp.71-89.
- Multinational Group Audits : Problems Faced in Practice and Opportunities for Research by Dan Sunderland and Gregory M. Trompeter. Auditing : A Journal of Practice & Theory, August 2017, Vol.36/3, pp.159-183.
- New Auditor Reporting Standard : How Stakeholder Consultation Influenced the Canadian Auditor Reporting Standard, CPA Magazine, September 2017, pp.14-15.
- PCAOB International Inspections and Audit Quality by Jagan Krishnan and Jayanthi Krishnan. The Accounting Review, September 2017, Vol.92/5, pp.143-166.
- Impact of Demonetisation on the Financial Sector, Reserve Bank of India Bulletin November 2017, Vol.71/11, pp.7-20.
- Business Strategy, Over- (Under) Investment, and Managerial Compensation by Farshid Navissi and VG Sridharan. Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2017, Vol.29/2, pp.63-86.
- Credibility, Acumen and Heart Nestle’s 2015 Food-Safety Crisis is an Extraordinary Case-Study of the Power of Transformative Leadership, IMA CFO Connect, November 2017, pp.20-23.
- Finding the Platform in your product : Four Strategies that can Reveal Hidden Value by Andrei Hagiu and Elizabeth J. Altman. Harvard Business Review, pp.94-100.
- Getting Risk Management Right : Strategy and Organizational Performance are the Heart of the Updated Framework by Doug Anderson, Internal Auditor, October 2017, pp.38-43.
- What Everyone Gets Wrong About Change Management : Poor Execution is only Part of the Problem by N. Anand and Jean-Louis Barsoux. Harvard Business Review, November-December 2017, Vol.95/6, pp.79-85.
5. Taxation and Finance
- Decoding GST : Principles of Classification by Sunil Gabhawalla and Rishabh Singhvi. The Bombay Chartered Accountant Journal, November 2017, Vol.49/B Part-2, pp.61-70.
- GST Gyan : GST Impact on Societies, Religious and Charitable Trusts, NGOs by Rajkamal Shah. The Chamber’s Journal, November 2017, Vol.5/2, pp.83-90.
- Whether Corpus Donations are Subject to GST? By Anuj Sharedalal. Journal of Ahmedabad Chartered Accountants, September 2017, Vol.41/6, pp.302-306.