|PRESS MONITORING SERVICE
CENTRAL COUNCIL LIBRARY
ICAI NEW DELHI
“PROFESSIONAL NEWS & VIEWS PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE”
Index of some useful articles taken from Periodicals received during May- June 2017 for the reference of Faculty/Students & Members of the Institute.
- Accounting Conservatism and Firm Growth Financed by External Debt : The Role of Debt Maturity by Tony Kang and Gerald J. Lobo. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Vol.32/2, April 2017, pp.182-208.
- Accounting Discretion and Purchase Price Allocation After Acquisitions by Xiying Zhang and Yong Zhang. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Vol.32/2, April 2017, pp.241-270.
- Accounting Education in India : A Comparative Analysis by K.V. Achalapathi and M. Janakiram. Indian Journal of Accounting, vol.48/2, December 2016, pp.1-6.
- Impact of IFRS on the Value Relevance of Financial Statements : A Study of Selected Indian Limited Company by ShilpaVardia and Nisha Kalra. Indian Journal of Accounting, vol.48/2, December 2016, pp.7-17.
- Propensity Score Matching in Accounting Research by Jonathan E. Shipman and Quinn T. Swanquist.The Accounting Review, Vol.92/1, January 2017, pp.213-244.
- Vision 2025 for the Accounting Profession by T.N. Manoharan.The Chamber Journal, Vol.5/8, May 2017, pp.61-64.
- Contagion Effect of Low-Quality Audits at the Level of Individual Auditors by Liuchuang Li and Baolei Qi.The Accounting Review, Vol.92/1, January 2017, pp.137-163.
- Investor Reaction to the Prospect of Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation by Lauren C. Reid and Joseph V. Carcello.The Accounting Review, Vol.92/1, January 2017, pp.183-211.
- Legal Regimes and Investor Response to the Auditor’s Going- Concern Opinion by AsadKausar and Richard J. Taffler.Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Vol.32/1, January 2017, pp.40-73.
- Tax Avoidance Related to Firm Risk? By David A. Guenther and Steven R. Matsunga.The Accounting Review, Vol.92/1, January 2017, pp.115-136.
- Black Economy and Demonetisation by Saumen Chattopadhyay.Economic and Political Weekly, Vol.52/20, 20 May 2017, pp.72-76.
- Demonetisation and the Delusion of GDP Growth by RitikaMankar and SumitShekhar.Economic and Political Weekly, Vol.52/18, 6 May 2017, pp.17-19.
- Evaluation of Financial Performance of Selected Banks by C. MangalaGowri and VenkataramanaiahMalepati.Decision, Vol.44/1, March 2017, pp.3-14.
- Directors Must Balance All Interests : A Conversation with Corporate Governance Expert Barbara Hackman Franklin by Sarah Cliffe. Harvard Business Review, May-June 2017, pp.64-66.
- Error at the Heart of Corporate Leadership : Most CEOS and Boards Believe their Main Duty is to Maximize Shareholder Value. It’s Not by Joseph L. Bower and Lynn S. Paine. Harvard Business Review, May-June 2017, pp.50-60.
5. Taxation and Finance
- GST : Changing Landscape of Indirect Taxes by V. Lakshmikumaran. The Chamber Journal, Vol.5/8, May 2017, pp.77-81.
- Ideal Tax System for 21st Century by Y.P. Trivedi.The Chamber Journal, Vol.5/8, May 2017, pp.11-12.
- Union Budget 2017-18 : An Assessment. Reserve Bank of India Bulletin, Vol.71/5, May 2017, pp.37-46.