Disciplinary Committee (u/s 21 B) - Bench 1 (Eastern Region)
Presiding Officer, Disciplinary Committee (u/s 21 B) - Bench 1 (Eastern Region)
CA. Nihar N Jambusaria, President
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- CA. Durgesh Kabra
- CA. Anuj Goyal
- Shri Jugal Kishore Mohapatra, IAS (Retd.)
- Mrs. Rashmi Verma, IAS (Retd.)
Disciplinary Committee New under section 21B of the Chartered Accountants (Amendment) Act, 2006
The Disciplinary Committee has been constituted by the Council of the Institute under Section 21B of the Chartered Accountants (Amendment) Act, 2006.
The Scope of Work of the committee includes:
- To consider the prima facie opinion of the Director (Discipline) in respect of All Information and Complaints where opinion of the Director is that the member is prima facie guilty of professional or other misconduct mentioned in the Second Schedule or in Both the Schedules to the Act and passing of Orders.
- To enquire into the allegations of professional or other misconduct, issuing notices to the witnesses and their examinations, arrive at a finding and award punishment in respect of guilty cases of any professional or other misconduct mentioned in Second Schedule or in Both the Schedules to the Act.
- To consider letter of withdrawal from Complainants and permit withdrawal if, the circumstances so warrant.
Disposal - Disciplinary Directorate (under the new mechanism from 2007)