Board of Studies is the primary Educational Wing of the Institute. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the policies and programs relating to the education of students pursuing Chartered Accountancy course. It imparts education mainly through distance education mode. The Mission of the Board of Studies is to provide a strong foundation of knowledge, skills and professional values that enables students to grow as wholesome professionals and adapt to changes throughout their professional career.
Preparation and continuous revision of comprehensive study material covering all the subjects prescribed for study by the students undergoing the Chartered Accountancy courses viz. CPT, Intermediate (IPC) and Final (as per the old scheme) and Foundation, Intermediate and Final (as per the existing scheme) and their distribution to students registered for various courses. Other educational inputs as an effective aid for students include, Suggested Answers, Revision Test Papers, Periodical Supplements, etc. are also prepared on a regular basis.
- Organizing oral coaching classes (Revision/Intensified) at various centres, with the assistance of Regional Councils and Branches
- Delivering Lectures to the Students in classes/crash courses organised by Regional Councils/Branches.
- Co-ordination of activities relating to Publication of Hindi Study Materials.
- Publication of booklets on various aspects of Self development such as Personality Development, Public Speaking, Communication Skills, Preparing for Examinations, Time and Stress Management, etc.
- Provision of all the BoS publications on the Institute’s website, arranged course, paper and chapter-wise.
2. ICITSS-ORIENTATION COURSE:
- Designing of course contents, preparation and revision of background material for Orientation Course.
- Co-ordinating the arrangements for holding Orientation Course in a consistent and uniform manner.
3. AICITSS (Management & Communication Skills (MCS Course):
- Formulating syllabus, preparation and revision of Background materials for MCS course.
- Co-ordinating the arrangements for holding Course on Management and Communication Skills in a consistent and uniform manner.
4. Course on Information Technology (ICITSS) & Adv. Information Technology (AICITSS):
- Setting up computer lab with latest computers and state of art infrastructure for providing hand on training to CA students.
- Designing course syllabi and preparing course material for delivery in uniform & consistent manner.
- Providing training to faculty members for upgrading knowledge on latest tools and techniques on regular basis.
- Online course registration and fee payment facility using registration portal for soft skill courses.
- Provide extensive support to Regional Offices and Branches for organizing training as per the course guidelines.
- Provision of Video Lectures on the ICAI Cloud Campus enabling students to learn anytime and from anywhere at their convenience. These lectures are Mobile Enabled – Students can study even using mobile phones and tablets.
- Organizing Live Webcasts on how to prepare for the respective subjects of CA Course and other specialized topics such as GST, Concurrent Audit, Return Filing, etc. Video on Demand (VoD) of these webcasts are also available for view anytime and anywhere.
- Recorded Online Mentoring Sessions on almost all the topics of the curriculum are available on the ICAI Cloud Campus. e- Lectures on selected topics are also there on Students Learning Management System (LMS).
- Administration of Need-based, merit-based, merit-cum-need based and Endowment Scholarship schemes for the students.
- Managing the accreditation scheme for oral classes for the CPT, Intermediate (IPC) Course and Final Course by considering applications seeking grant of accreditation and granting accreditation in suitable cases after taking into account the recommendations of the Regional Monitoring Committees, and by monitoring their performance through the Regional Monitoring Committees as well as by sending appropriate instructions to accredited institutions from time to time.
8. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MoU) FOR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE WITH UNIVERSITIES:
- Undertakes tasks related to Memorandum of Understanding with Indian Universities;
- Working out arrangement with Indian Universities of paper exemption scheme; Preparation of study materials for CA/CA students intending to pursue BBA, B.Com/ MBA, M.Com. course.
- Assists International Affairs Committee tasks related to Memorandum of Understanding with overseas Accounting Bodies.
9. STUDENTS JOURNAL:
- Publication of monthly Journal ‘The Chartered Accountant Student’ and its distribution. (including preparation of regular features such as Academic update/articles/case study/quiz contest, etc. for the Journal).
10. SEMINARS, CONFERENCES, CONTESTS ETC. FOR STUDENTS:
- Organization of Student Conferences for C.A. Students, One Day/ Two Day Seminars, Elocution Contests, Joint Seminars with Universities, Quiz Contests, Moot courts.
- Disbursing grants to Regional Councils and Branches for Revision Classes, One-Day/ Two-Day Seminars, Student Conferences, Quiz, and Elocution contests.
- Maintaining liaison with the students associations and their branches and motivating them to organize various educational activities for students in co-ordination with the concerned Regions/Branches
- Attending to large number of communications, academic queries received from members/students/ public, relating to various aspects of Education & Training.
- Review of books to be purchased for Central Library.
- Co-ordinating with the NOIDA Stores and ensuring supply of Board’s Publications to students.