The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established for regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. ICAI, the second largest accounting body in the world, is looking for a high profile and multi-faceted personality with proven leadership qualities, excellent communication, administrative, interpersonal and motivational skills for the position of Secretary. This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for a high calibre professional to join a world class accounting organisation and make an impact at the national and international level.
- To act as the Secretary to the Council of ICAI, which is the governing body for managing affairs of the ICAI
- Main driver for furthering the ICAI’s objectives of regulation, development and promotion of the Indian Accountancy Profession being incharge of the office of the Institute as its executive and administrative head.
- To act as the Secretary of the Standing Committees and other prime Committees
- To sustain and further enhance the image of the profession externally with various Government Departments, Ministries, C&AG, Regulatory Bodies such as RBI, SEBI, IRDA etc. and Apex Bodies of Trade/Commerce
- To act as a Board member of Accounting Research Foundation and XBRL (India). To be the interface of ICAI with international and regional/sub-regional professional accounting bodies such as IFAC, IASB, IAASB, CAPA, SAFA etc.
|Qualification, Experience and Skill Sets
- Membership of ICAI. Additional qualification like MBA/LLB from renowned Institute/University would be an added advantage
- Brilliant academic career, outstanding track record and flair for taking up multifaceted challenging assignments
- Person occupying top management/ managerial position in private/ public/ corporate sector or senior position in Government/ Regulatory Body/ Autonomous body etc. at Joint Secretary level
- Relevant experience of 20 years or more in a reputed private/ regulatory / professional / education body/ institution in Government / public sector
||Rs.44 lakhs per annum
||50 years as on 01.10.2019
The Institute holds the right to relax any eligibility criteria for deserving candidates and its decision in this regard shall be final.
For structured application and complete details, please visit our website: www.icai.org Interested candidates may e-mail their structured application at email@example.com or can send through Speed Post addressed to the Joint Director-HRD, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, I.P. Marg, New Delhi – 110 002, in a sealed envelope superscribing `Application for the post of Secretary’, on or before 2nd December, 2019.