|Terms of Reference
(Board for deliberating and initiating solutions for Accounting (including valuation) and Assurance (including internal audit) issues in the Digital World)
- Arising out of digital era and its consequences;
- to identify, deliberate and highlight issues in Accounting (including valuation) and Assurance (including internal audit) in the Digital World, and security aspect of data and technology;
- to act as a facilitator by engaging through relevant committees of ICAI; and wherever necessary with standard setters, Government, Regulators, industry and other accounting bodies in the world; and suggest to the relevant Committee(s) in Institute, the required changes in Accounting Standards, Assurance Standards and Valuation Standards;
- to develop knowledge base through position papers, create on line platform, including an annual conference/ round table preferably, on areas identified with a view to raise awareness in all stakeholders, the issues and opportunities arising from these trends; and
- to enable setting up a Global Digital Accounting and Assurance Board, as India initiative so that ICAI gets recognition as the global thought leader in Accounting and Assurance in digital world.
- To identify the emerging professional opportunities in the Information Technology sector for the members, both in practice and in service.
- To interact with various stakeholders in this sector, self-regulatory organizations and government on matters relating to emerging issues, growth and development of Information Technology sector.
- To prepare and publish guidance notes, monograph, research papers and other publications on Information Technology sector.
- Training and equipping members in Information Technology sector through various modes including:
- Launch of post-qualification courses and other educational courses in the sector
- Development of the course curriculum
- Development of background material
- Identification and recommendation for appointment of faculty members; and Holding of examinations.
- Holding various seminars, workshops and training programmes and topics of interest in the Information Technology sector.
- Developing Computer- Based- Learning (CBT)
- To act as a gateway for all Information Technology related activities of the Institute.