Pursuant to C&AG’s Report `Performance Audit on Appreciation of Third Party (Chartered Accountants) – Reporting in Assessment Proceedings’ for the year ended March, 2014, the President, in terms of the authority given to him by the Council at its 351st meeting held on 12th February, 2016, has reconstituted the Group comprising of the following members:-
- CA. Sanjiv Kumar Chaudhary, Convenor
- CA. G. Sekar
- CA. Tarun Ghia
- CA. (Dr.) Debashis Mitra
- CA. Sripriya Kumar
- CA. Naveen N.D. Gupta
- CA. Sanjay Agarwal
CA. Mukta K. Verma, Deputy Secretary will continue to act as Secretary to the aforesaid Group.
The terms of reference of the said group are as under:-
- To study the Report of C&AG `Performance Audit on Appreciation of Third Party (Chartered Accountants) – Reporting in Assessment Proceedings’ for the year ended March, 2014.
- To obtain further details and information from the Office of C&AG, as required for proper analysis of the report.
- To form a view on various issues raised in the report and segregate them into those that appear to be cases of violations by the members of ICAI.
- To initiate structured dialogue with the Office of C&AG.
- To place its findings before the Council for appropriate consideration.
- To monitor the work assigned to the Tax Audit Monitoring Cell comprising the Officers of the Institute.
- To deal with such other incidental matters, as are considered necessary.