The President, in terms of the authority given to him by the Council at its 351st meeting held on 12thFebruary, 2016 has constituted a Group for review of existing term of the Council.
The following are the Terms of Reference of the Group:-
- To review and make recommendation to the Council in the matter of:-
- Restriction of three consecutive terms
- Term of the Council
- Whether there should be more than one Vice-President, if yes, to suggest methodology and operational areas
- Any other related matter the Group would like to recommend.
The composition of the Group is as under:-
- CA. Sanjiv Kumar Chaudhary, (Convenor)
- CA. Tarun J. Ghia
- CA. Nihar N. Jambusaria
- CA. Madhukar N. Hiregange
- CA. G. Sekar
- CA. (Dr.) Debashis Mitra
- CA. Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal
- CA. Shyam Lal Agarwal
- CA. Prakash Sharma
- Shri Vijay Kumar Gupta
- CA. Dhinal A. Shah
Shri G. Ranganathan, Deputy Secretary would act as Secretary to the aforesaid Group.
The Group is expected to submit its recommendations at the next meeting of the Council to be held in June/July, 2016