|Certificate Course on Internal Audit|
|The Course is being restructured by the Internal Audit Standards Board. Accordingly, currently no batch of the Course is being conducted by the Board.
|Internal audit has, over the years, moved a long way forward to being a strong indispensable control tool in the hands of the management for effectively and efficiently running the affairs of the entity. Internal audit is playing a significant and critical role in evaluating the adequacy of internal controls and assessing the extent of compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures and suggesting ways to reduce the costs and promote efficiency.
There is, therefore, a huge demand for professionally qualified persons in the area of Internal Audit. A professionally qualified chartered accountant, having regard to his training, education and exposure to the various facets of operations of an entity is well suited for internal audit. Keeping this in view, the Internal Audit Standards Board has decided to launch this Certificate Course on Internal Audit.
The Residential Certificate Course on Internal Audit has been designed to help the members:
- Disseminating knowledge on the theory and practice of Internal Audit and allied functions.
- Reflect current internal audit thinking and practices and how they impact contemporary business enterprises.
- Enhancing the role of chartered accountants in the area of Internal Audit and allied functions.
- Building up Internal Audit as a core competence area of chartered accountants.
The duration of the course is 200 hours spread over ten class rooms studies, self studies, e-learning and Case Study preparation and presentation i.e.,
- Self Study : 100 hours
- Class room teaching : 60 hours
- E-Learning : 20 hours
- Case Study preparation and presentation : 20 hours
|This Certificate Course on Internal Audit, initiates the members to structural approach toward internal audit and manage intricacies of dynamic business environment.
Only the Members of the Institute are eligible to pursue this Course.
|Evaluation : Participants who successfully complete the course in line with the evaluation criteria mention below and qualifies the evaluation test will be awarded Certificate.
- Eligibility : A candidate will have to attend a minimum of 42 hours of classes and complete the entire E-learning module, failing which, he/ she will not be entitled to appear in the evaluation.
- Weightage : the following weightage is assigned during evaluation:
- Class room learning and tests : 50 per cent
- E-learning : 20 per cent
- Case Study presentation : 20 per cent
- Class room attendance : 10 per cent
- Number of attempts: There is no limit on the permissible number of attempts for the evaluation tests. A candidate will be allowed to re-appear for the evaluation test only after six months of the previous attempt.
CPE credit of 100 Hours (50 hours of structured learning and 50 hours of unstructured learning) will be given to the participants.
|Further Details and Registration Form Link:
Brochure of Certificate Courses offered by Internal Audit Standards Board
|Course Registration is on First-Come-First Served basis on receipt of duly filled-in and signed application along with course fee.
Address for sending the Registration Form :
The Secretary, Internal Audit Standards Board,
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, First Floor, Admin Block
A-29, Sector 62, Noida-201309
|Further Details and Assistance
|Chairman, Internal Audit Standards Board
|Internal Audit Standards Board Secretariat
Mob : +91 9350799918