ADVISORY FOR MULTIPURPOSE EMPANELMENT FORM (MEF) FOR THE YEAR 2009-10
1. Last date for submission of applications on the website www.meficai.org is 15th June, 2009. This date shall not be extended under any circumstances.
2. Members are advised to fill MEF well in advance to avoid last minute rush and technical problems, if any.
3. The information filled in by the applicant in MEF can be edited/modified any number of times before submission of MEF.
4. All correspondence, acknowledgement, discrepancy letters, etc. will preferably be through e-mail only. Please fill up e-mail id correctly and ensure that it is active.
5. Unique Code Number (UCN) is allotted by the Institute. UCN is very important number because it facilitates in compiling the applicants’ experience in conducting bank audit. Therefore, an applicant must ensure that correct UCN appears in the MEF.
6. Old applicants practising in individual name should continue to use the same UCN in case he forms a sole proprietary concern.
7Members capacity,assistant/clerk or employee/assistant added in experience to be in Question no.5 of MEF
8. As per RBI Guidelines, ithe applicant was Statutory following may be noted to avoid conflict of interest
Don’t a the applicant or any of its subsidiaries/associates
Don’t t the applicant or any of its subsidiaries/associates
Don’t aa the applicant or any of its subsidiaries/associates
10. or other relevant documents like financial statements, Income tax returns of the concern and partners/proprietor/member practicing in individual name, partnership deed etc.
11. While every care is taken in preparing the panel, in the event of any inadvertent mistake or omission, the Institute will not be responsible in any way. .
12. Procedure for logging into MEF:
(i) MEF is designed differently each in case of sole proprietary concern, partnership concern and members practising in individual name and thus, the applicant should select his option carefully.
(ii) Visit www.meficai.org and select your option for empanelment as a sole proprietor/partnership concern/individual.
(iii) Remember the PASSWORD for future reference, as you would be able to log into your form using this password ONLY.
13. All the information being sourced from Institute’s database is static (not editable) and the same will be appearing with green background. Applicants, who do not agree with the details appearing in these fields, should fill in the Memorandum of Changes.
14. Complaint filing Mechanism
i In case, an applicant faces any problem in accessing, operating or submission of MEF, complaint may be lodged by accessing complaint-box link available on www.meficai.org.
ii Applicants can lodge their complaint by using either MEF No./ M. No/ FRN.
iii On successful lodging of complaint, complaint number would be informed through e-mail/SMS.
Iv All the complaints lodged by the applicant would be looked into by PD Directorate.
v Any changes in the status of the complaint would be communicated through SMS and applicant would be able to view the status of their complaints by using MEF No./Complaint No./MRN/FRN.
vi In case, the complaint is not resolved or replied within a week, members may call upon at 011-30110444, 30110547 and 30110480.
15. Fill in the 'Declaration Form’. In the signature field, provide the initials of the respective Partner/Proprietor/Applicant for filling up MEF (e.g. `RKG’ in case of `Ram Kumar Gupta’ etc).
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
16. A hard copy of the Declaration duly signed by all partners/ proprietor/ member practising in individual name accompanied by a print of the e-mail acknowledging submission of MEF must be sent to ICAI by courier/speed post/hand delivery at the following address in an envelope superscribed with the words “DECLARATION FOR MEF 2009-10” so as to reach on or before 30th June, 2009.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002
17. Receipt of hard copy of the Declaration will not be individually acknowledged. The same will be displayed on the website mentioning MEF number within 15 days of receipt of the Declaration. Declarations will then be verified for completeness and correctness and discrepancy, if any, will be intimated to applicant by email.