Attention of the members is drawn to the launch of the Post Qualification Course in 'International Trade Laws and World Trade Organisation' of ICAI on November 5, 2004. The Course is intended to equip the members with the specialised skills necessary for developing the dedicated practice in the area of services related to International Trade Laws & WTO. The Course aims to develop a base of expertise and specialized skills amongst the membership of the Institute in various Agreements of WTO and to equip them with technical competence to understand and respond effectively to the complex milieu of trade laws that operate under the aegis of the World Trade Organisation.
The Study Material for the Course, developed with the help of renowned experts, offers focused and specialized domain knowledge to usher in best practices and high learning standards in international & domestic trade laws, various agreements of WTO and the working of WTO. This Study Material is made available to the candidates registering for the Course. For the benefit of members at large and as decided by the Committee on Trade Laws and WTO, the complete set of study material for all the six Papers of the Course is also available for sale at a price of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only).
HIGHLIGHTS OF STUDY MATERIAL
- Study Material for Paper I: Introduction to International Trade deals with Fundamentals of International Trade, GATT, 1947, GATT, 1994 (Marrakesh Agreement), Agreement establishing the World Trade Organisation, Structure and working of the WTO, Most Favoured Nations Treatment, National Treatment, Special and Differential treatment and Tariffs and Non-Tariff Barriers;
- Study Material for Paper II : GATT, Rules of Origin and Trade Related Agreements deals with WTO Agreement on Agriculture, WTO Agreement on Textiles and Clothing, Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade, Regional Trading Arrangements, Singapore Issues, Competition Policy, Trade and Investment, Trade Facilitation, Agreement on Pre-shipment Inspection, Agreement on Implementation of Article VII of GATT, 1994 (Customs Valuation Agreement), WTO Agreement on Rules of Origin, Agreement on Import Licensing Procedures, WTO and Labour Standards and Trade and Environmental issues in the WTO;
- Study Material for Paper III: GATS, TRIPS and TRIMS, SPS and Dispute Settlement and Review Procedures in WTO deals with General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), Trade-Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs), Trade Related Investment Measures (TRIMs), Agreement on Sanitary and Phyto-sanitary Measures (SPM), Dispute Settlement Understanding under WTO, International Commercial Arbitration and Review Procedures under WTO.
- Study Material for Paper IV: Domestic Trade Laws deals with Consumer Protection Act, 1986, Copyright Act, 1957, Economic Offences Act, 1974, Environment Protection Act, 1986, Essential Commodities Act, 1955, Essential Commodities (Special Provisions) Act, 1981, Patents Act, 1970 (as amended in 2002), Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act, 1976 and Trade Marks Law;
- Study Material for Paper V: Anti-dumping, Anti-subsidy and Safeguards - Laws and Practice deals with Anti-dumping, Subsidies and countervailing Provisions in GATT, Agreements on Anti-dumping, and Subsidies and Countervailing Measures, Anti-dumping and Countervailing duty provisions under the Customs Tariff Act, 1975, Safeguard Measures, Application of Anti-dumping, Subsidy and Safeguards Measures, Law and Practice, investigation procedure and Case law on Anti-dumping, Anti-subsidy and Safeguards Measures.
- Study Material for Paper VI : Competition Laws and Policies deals with a Conceptual Background of Competition, Competition Regime in NAFTA Countries, Competition Regime in European Union, Competition Regime in African Countries, Competition Regime in Latin American and Caribbean Countries, Competition Regime in Asian Countries, Competition Regime in Transition Economies, Competition Regime in India, Mergers Qua Competition Regime and Competition Policy and WTO Regime.
Ordering Information for Study Material A complete set of study material for all the six Papers of the Post Qualification Course in 'International Trade Laws and World Trade Organisation' can be obtained by post from the Postal Sales Department of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India at C-1, Sector I, NOIDA - 201 301 (U.P.), E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 3,000/- plus postal charges (Rs. 70/- within New Delhi & Rs. 140/- for Rest of India, if required by Courier; or Rs. 150/-, if required by registered post) favouring 'The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India' payable at New Delhi.